Monday, July 18, 2011

Viewing Journal: 7/18/2011






379) NOSTALGIA FOR THE LIGHT
(2011 dir. Patricio Guzmán) Date Seen: July 18 2011

Completely hypnotized by this one from start to finish. I was reminded of the feeling I had when I was little and would climb onto my parent's roof to look at the stars at night - the thoughts about the universe and time that flooded into my young head, and after staring for so long, the near psychic/spiritual connection I felt I had with the cosmos and history. This feeling of wonder combined with the sadness many of the film's subjects describe of living under Pinochet rule completely moved me. It's a humbling and transcendental essay on what memory means to our species' existence.












378) TRANSFORMERS: 
                   DARK OF THE MOON
(2011 dir. Michael Bay) 2nd Viewing: July 18 2011
IMAX 3D!



No comments:

Post a Comment