Saturday, December 20, 2014

Viewing Journal: 12/19/2014






625) INTO THE WOODS
(2014 dir. Rob Marshall) Date Seen: December 19 2014

I'm a big fan of Sondheim's musicals in general, but not so much of Rob Marshall's boring stage-to-screen visualizations. So much of the directing here reeks. At least most of the cast does a decent job with what they have to work with. I found myself looking at my food more than the screen but maybe that's because I'm a fat pig. At least the tunes were good.

I wonder if Bernadette Peters was offered the part of the Witch this time around. She would have been perfect now at her current age.














624) THE COLOR OF TIME
(2014 dir. lots of people) Date Seen: December 19 2014
a buncha bupkis taped together pretending to be a real movie



No comments:

Post a Comment