Sunday, July 19, 2015

Viewing Journal: 7/19/2015







262) ANT-MAN
(2015 dir. Peyton Reed) Date Seen: July 19 2015

innocuous & generic fun for the most part. I really liked the bit where he first shrank down & got flushed into the pipes. But, *highlight the following for possible spoiler > No Goliath/Giant-Man scene? What Gives? I remember in the comics & cartoons that was always a cool thing about Ant-man. Feels like a very deliberate omission; Disney must be saving it or something. Once upon a time this was going to be an Edgar Wright project and I still can't help but wonder what might've been.














261) YOUTH
(2015 dir. Paolo Sorrentino) Date Seen: July 13 2015

Jessica and I saw this while in Rome at the "Intrastevere", a very small cinema tucked away between the Tiber river and Trastevere district.
I hope it's another hit for Sorrentino.. It deserves to be. I thought it felt like a spiritual counterpart to THE GREAT BEAUTY in some ways. only with Michael Caine standing in for Toni Servillo this time  




No comments:

Post a Comment