Sunday, October 25, 2015

Viewing Journal: 10/25/2015







472) PAWN SACRIFICE
(2015 dir. Edward Zwick) Date Seen: October 25 2015

The first good thing Edward Zwick has directed in a long time. Like BLACK MASS last month, this is one of those movies where the main highlight is the ensemble. Especially Tobey Maguire! His best work since BROTHERS (2009) in my opinion.














471) DRACULA: 
           PRINCE OF DARKNESS
(1966 dir. Terence Fischer) Date Seen: October 25 2015

I wish I had seen this sooner. It's scarier than HORROR OF DRACULA (1958) & even a bit more psychedelic. With buckets of bright red movie blood!















470) THE FOOD OF THE GODS
(1976 dir. Bert I. Gordon) 2nd Viewing: October 25 2015

Those little maggot/grub monsters are still some of my favorite movie creatures ever
















469) THIS ISLAND EARTH
(1955 dir. Joseph M. Newman) Date Seen: October 25 2015

I almost felt like I'd seen this one before from the countless times it's been lampooned & referenced in other popular media. One thing's for sure; those damn aliens are still a wonder to behold. Very dynamic & unique effects. If the whole movie was as good as its third act, this would be one of the best science fiction movies ever made. But unfortunately it's kind of a slog up until that last stretch



#31DaysOfHorror

No comments:

Post a Comment