Sunday, April 25, 2010

100 GREATEST MUSIC VIDS: 100-80

Time to express appreciation for an often overlooked form of expressive cinema: the music video. As you can see, I’ve been watching them a long-arse time. These are my current 100 favourites that I think everyone should see. They’ve all inspired my imagination & creative work in innumerable ways.

my picks are always subject to change, so if you feel I’ve made any glaring sins of omission, please let me know as soon as possible. I had to leave off many greats to make room for others.
100-80| 79-60| 59-40| 39-21| 20-1

CLICK PICTURES TO VIEW THEIR VIDEO



100) MGMT "Time to Pretend"
dir. Ray Tintori






99) Blur "The Universal"
dir. Jonathan Glazer





98) Lady Gaga "Bad Romance"
dir. Francis Lawrence





97) Gary Jules & Michael Andrews "Mad World"
dir. Michel Gondry








.






96) Steriogram "Walkie Talkie Man”
dir. Michel Gondry








.







95) No Doubt "Hella Good"
dir. Mark Romanek





94) Ludacris "Stand Up"
dir. Dave Meyers







.





93) Audioslave "Cochise"
dir. Mark Romanek





92) Toni Basil "Mickey"
dir. Toni Basil





91) The Pharcyde "Drop"
dir. Spike Jonze





90) Radiohead "House of Cards"
dir. Frost / Koblin







.







89) Fiona Apple "Across the Universe"
dir. Paul Thomas Anderson





89) The White Stripes "Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground"
dir. Michel Gondry





88) Madonna "Ray of Light"
dir. Jonas Åkerlund





87) Nine Inch Nails "The Perfect Drug"
dir. Mark Romanek





86) Cold Mailman "My Recurring Dream"
dir. Andre Chocron








.







85) Beastie Boys "Shadrach"
dir. Adam Yauch





84) Grizzly Bear "Two Weeks"
dir. Patrick Daughters





83) Madonna featuring Massive Attack "I Want You"
dir. Earle Sebastian





82) M83 “Midnight City"
dir. Samuel Bayer







.







81) Cibo Matto “Sugar Water”
dir. Michel Gondry



80) Yeah Yeah Yeahs "Y Control"
dir. Spike Jonze





continued
100-80| 79-60| 59-40| 39-21| 20-1

No comments:

Post a Comment