Friday, December 8, 2017

Viewing Journal: 12/8/2017



861) 
THE MEYEROWITZ STORIES
      (NEW AND SELECTED)
(2017 dir. Noah Baumbach) Date Seen: December 8 2017


Kinda like Baumbach's HANNAH & HER SISTERS. An anxious little family dramedy about wounded sons who orbit a monumentally difficult father.. Sandler & Stiller in particular are doing great understated work here.











860) THE CHALLENGE
(2017 dir. Yuri Ancarani) Date Seen: December 8 2017

The ending competition in this is one of the most breathtaking spectacles (via the falcon’s POV) I've ever seen.. It all comes together nicely like some form of wordless visual poetry.











859) TEMPESTAD
(2017 dir. Tatiana Huezo) Date Seen: December 8 2017

like a beautifully sad dream drifting through a dystopian country gone wrong (Mexico is full of corruption, fear, & grief). but somehow --as if literally via some miracle; human tenderness and sparks of goodness refuse to disappear.. Yet another film where I forgot I was watching a documentary.




No comments:

Post a Comment