Saturday, August 21, 2021

Viewing Journal: 8/20/2021





387) DON'T BREATHE 2
(2021 dir. Rodo Sayagues) Date Seen: August 20 2021

There's some slick filmmaking going on at parts, to be fair; but this one was just nowhere near as startling or unique as the first. And most of the big reveals this time around (trying to one-up the first film's shock turns) range from silly to questionable.. Struck me as a needless sequel. 










386) DARBY O'GILL 
         AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE
(1959 dir. Robert Stevenson) Date Seen: August 20 2021

I remember my mom tried to show this to me as a little kid & the part with the banshees scared me so much I had to bail.. Pretty decent live-action Disney output for the time period.













385) MAN-MADE MONSTER
         [THE ELECTRIC MAN]
(1941 dir. George Waggner) Date Seen: August 20 2021

It's sorta like THE INVISIBLE RAY (1936) if that had Electro from Spider-Man.. Not a total waste of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment