Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Viewing Journal: 10/22/2022





627) BLACK ADAM
(2022 dir. Jaume Collet-Serra) Date Seen: October 22 2022

• Cacophony of visual clutter sporadically broken up by moments of honest grace & wit.. It bums me out though how a lot of these superhero things are starting to feel like big pastiches of every comic book movie ever made, all mixed together, all playing out at once.
• Not since 2014's RUN ALL NIGHT have I been split 50/50 on a Collet-Serra. I'm ordinarily a big fan.
• It's obvious this is all a big passion project for Big Swollen Johnson (aka Chrome dome Supreme aka The Rock Hard Duhwayngus) so I wish the drama at the core of the story moved me more. 
• Added to the "mixed but worth seeing" section of my ongoing Super Heroes & Villains @ 24fps listicle.













626) PORTRAIT IN CRYSTAL
(1983 dir. Hua Shan) Date Seen: October 22 2022

#31DaysOfHorror


No comments:

Post a Comment