Monday, June 28, 2010

Viewing Journal: 6/28/2010

Despite losing hours of sleep because of jury duty from 8am to 6pm today, I still managed to re-watch two great films. I was supposed to go see Debra Granik's WINTER'S BONE but I was just too tired to drive out to Dallas. I'll see it tomorrow maybe.









53) FIXED BAYONETS!
(1951 dir. Samuel Fuller) 2nd Viewing: June 28 2010

No one did war movies like Sam Fuller. Come to think of it, no one made movies like him in general. THE STEEL HELMET remains my personal favourite of his from '51, but this one makes for great companion viewing. Not to be missed by people who love cinema combat.











52) SPLENDOR IN THE GRASS

(1961 dir. Elia Kazan) 2nd Viewing: June 28 2010

Natalie Wood's best performance. Kazan was a master of casting great actors and getting outstanding work out of 'em.





No comments:

Post a Comment