394)
WAITING FOR "SUPERMAN"
(2010 dir. Davis Guggenheim) Date Seen: October 23 2010Somberly presents the current systemic nightmare of American public education & its accelerants one moment & then unironically butters up voucher "charter" schools the next LOL.. Why is so much of the doc slanted that way? Look into who is producing this stuff. I think I got bamboozled into watching some MSNBC shit-lib noise disguised as something left & down for the people.
(2010 dir. Davis Guggenheim) Date Seen: October 23 2010Somberly presents the current systemic nightmare of American public education & its accelerants one moment & then unironically butters up voucher "charter" schools the next LOL.. Why is so much of the doc slanted that way? Look into who is producing this stuff. I think I got bamboozled into watching some MSNBC shit-lib noise disguised as something left & down for the people.
393) HORROR OF DRACULA
(1958 dir. Terrence Fisher) 2nd Viewing: October 23 2010
I think CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN is clearly the "greatest" Hammer film, but if I was forced to pick I would say this one is my personal favourite!.. that probably has a lot to do with how much Brooks' DRACULA DEAD & LOVING IT was on during my childhood.
392) AJAMI
(2009 dir. Copti / Shani) Date Seen: October 23 2010
A grim & surprisingly humane film, (& finally) one that accurately depicts the apartheid-like conditions happening in Palestine. Holding a mirror up to men caught in an old machinery of grievance and reprisal. Everyone seems to have their own personal reasons for violence & perhaps no one is entirely innocent --but those without a official militarized (U.S.-backed) state seem to be disproportionately harmed & pushed to desperate corners. I just wish the film did not end on such a cynical note, making it seem as if the history of that region has somehow made it close to impossible to escape the cycle of violence.
(1958 dir. Terrence Fisher) 2nd Viewing: October 23 2010
I think CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN is clearly the "greatest" Hammer film, but if I was forced to pick I would say this one is my personal favourite!.. that probably has a lot to do with how much Brooks' DRACULA DEAD & LOVING IT was on during my childhood.
392) AJAMI
(2009 dir. Copti / Shani) Date Seen: October 23 2010
A grim & surprisingly humane film, (& finally) one that accurately depicts the apartheid-like conditions happening in Palestine. Holding a mirror up to men caught in an old machinery of grievance and reprisal. Everyone seems to have their own personal reasons for violence & perhaps no one is entirely innocent --but those without a official militarized (U.S.-backed) state seem to be disproportionately harmed & pushed to desperate corners. I just wish the film did not end on such a cynical note, making it seem as if the history of that region has somehow made it close to impossible to escape the cycle of violence.
Btw Spielberg & Kushner's MUNICH is still THE essay on this subject matter; or more specifically, why you cannot fight terrorism with more terrorism.



No comments:
Post a Comment