Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Viewing Journal: 6/5/2022




374) 
   ALLIGATOR 2: THE MUTATION
(1991 dir. Jon Hess) Date Seen: June 5 2022

a disappointing sequel for sure.. but it could've been way worse. Like HOWLING II or PIRANHA II worse. 













373) SWISS FAMILY ROBINSON
(1960 dir. Ken Annakin) Date Seen: June 5 2022

outside of the hurtful antiquated depiction of pacific islanders, this was an okay book to film translation. I feel like my pops rented it for me in elementary school when I was obsessed with survival in the wilderness stories, but I turned the VHS off after a few minutes; probably either because I wasn't used to the stagey way everything looked or the tape had tracking problems. + it was most likely a washed out pan & scan VHS that barely resembled the colorful film kids in 1960 actually got to see at theaters. It would've been indistinguishable 
from a Gilligan's Island rerun to my dumb child brain.. Even though I preferred books like Hatchet and movies like FAR FROM HOME (1995) during that phase
because I perceived them to be more "realistic" & "gritty" 
(😂 which seems laughably delusional now), I think I would have appreciated this version of Swiss Family Robinson had there only been a better looking home video representation back then. As there is now: full HD on Disney+





No comments:

Post a Comment