Saturday, January 29, 2022

Viewing Journal: 1/26/2022




42) ALIEN LOCKDOWN
                    [aka CREATURE]
(2004 dir. Tim Cox) Date Seen: January 26 2022













41) THE REPTILE
(1966 dir. John Gilling) Date Seen: January 26 2022

I have fanfiction about Reptile from Mortal Kombat hooking up with this thing. Message me if interested














40) WEREWOLF IN A GIRLS' DORMITORY 
          [LYCANTHROPUS]
(1961 dir. Paolo Heusch) Date Seen: January 26 2022

This occasionally atmospheric mixed bag came across as an incomplete genre exercise to me. Like perhaps the filmmakers didn’t initially intend on having any real supernatural elements in the story? Everything I can find on the production of the film is in Italian though, so idk. One thing that bugged me at first was the cheap-looking monster makeup that makes the werewolf dude look more like a caveman dude. Fortunately at the 30 minute mark a bunch of crazy Scooby Doo-ish shenanigans start to happen & from there I found it sort of difficult not to be charmed by the movie just a tad. The photography is randomly lush too, in a willfully Gothic “Universal Classic Monsters” sort of way.





No comments:

Post a Comment