(2026 dir. Craig Gillespie) Date Seen: June 25 2026Liked it almost as much as Gunn's own SUPERMAN from last year. + in a lot of ways, at least in terms of image propulsion & sheer chutzpah, it's the DC film I was hoping CAPTAIN MARVEL would be in 2018 for Marvel.. Also, dammit -- I really hate to nitpick something so seemingly trivial as this; but there is an apocalyptically bad needle drop in this movie where a slow twee folk cover of Jimmy Eat World's "The Middle" comes on (during a slo-mo action sequence no less) & it mades me cringe so powerfully, Me thinks I heard the Gorilla Grodd chuckling from on high.
The song is so out of place, the Wife & I almost had to hold back audible disgust when it occurred. & the original '01 single itself would've slapped in that moment anywayz! Wtf were they smoking?
⬇ actual audio of my reaction in the theatre ⬇

No comments:
Post a Comment