At least for his first feature narrative here, I wish so many of Oppenheim's set-ups weren't so visually boring & obvious to me; & in that way only Michael Haneke-clones manage to be (a lot of Antonio Campos' films are guilty of this too). Also people who are acting like Pattinson's Chris Hansen is the second coming of Gyllenhaal in NIGHTCRAWLER are deluded. We're all boobs in our own way; but let's not be feckin' eejit boobs (Merritt Wever's incredible performance as the producer in this honestly gets much closer to Gyllenhaal's "Bloom" brilliance).. btw I wanna praise the film editing on display in every scene in PRIMETIME, 'cause it's some spicy expert level splicing & weaving. Daniel Garber's work even brought Oliver Stone's 90s dream team editors to my mind. I think now it's high time i find & watch Oppenheim's prior documentaries.
387) PREDATORS
Part of me wants to praise all the formally solid Errol Morris-like technical sophistication surrounding this more, but the content within is all just so damn icky & troubling.. Cringing hard during my viewing like CAPTURING THE FRIEDMANS


No comments:
Post a Comment