Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Viewing Journal: 9/29/2026


393) 
THE HISTORY OF CONCRETE
(2026 dir. John Wilson) Date Seen: September 29 2026
Color me transfixed. 
deeply human doc that uses all manner of PCC material as a jumping-off point to explore unexpected corners of everyday life, connecting seemingly random encounters in cool ways. (Hit me the way I thought THE BALCONY MOVIE would in 2022).

[Related in name only; I wish someone would finally make a film or tv show of Paul Chadwick's Concrete]









392) BLACK ZOMBIE
(2026 dir. Maya Annik Bedward) Date Seen: September 29 2026
Seek this out asap if you love Dr. 
Robin R. Means Coleman & her brilliant Horror Noire! (+ the nice little Shudder documentary riff on it).. I wish Marlon Riggs was still with us 'cause I'd love to hear his ideas on this & so many other horror concepts post 80s.



No comments:

Post a Comment