Saturday, February 26, 2022

Viewing Journal: 2/26/2022








110) SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE
(2021 dir. Danishka Esterhazy) Date Seen: February 26 2022

outside of the uncanny dude playing the "driller killer" part, I found most of this reboot/legacyquel to be a bastardization of the original film. I wish I didn't feel this way because I want to applaud the filmmakers for at least trying to keep that franchise alive.













109) THE BANANA SPLITS MOVIE
(2019 dir. Danishka Esterhazy) Date Seen: February 26 2022

this was more like an adaptation of that Simpsons WESTWORLD (1973)-inspired "Itchy & Scratchy Land" than anything in Five Nights at Freddy's. Also impressively well-made & inventive for having such a low budget. It seems like the only production values the filmmakers had access to were the licensed costumes & the soundstage/studio 
backlot almost everything takes place at. It was admittedly just a bit too overwritten in the dialogue department for my taste.. For what it's worth I preferred this to last year's WILLY'S WONDERLAND. Now if only someone would make a horror tinged H.R. Pufnstuf


No comments:

Post a Comment