Friday, August 14, 2026

Viewing Journal: 8/14/2026



Adult Swim's
331) THE ELEPHANT 
(2025 dir. many peeps) Date Seen: August 14 2026
this was something of a revelation for me personally, & i can't believe I hadn't even heard of it until now. I've been kinda out of the Adult Swim loop since Mike Lazzo's departure. Thank you to my sister & brother in-law for exposing me to it because I loved it & thought it was uniquely hypnotizing. & because it's anthology-style directed by four current titans of animation (respectively; Pendleton, Rebecca Sugar, Jones-Quartey, & Patrick McHale), it's got a rare visual imagination that morphs from moment to moment. It even reminded me of Masaaki Yuasa’s MIND GAME マインド・ゲーム  (yes it's THAT great) only more occupied with themes of self-actualization. "To thine own self be true" & whatnot.






330) TIPA THE ANT
[SKUDRIŅA TIPA]
(1976 dir. Ansis Bērziņš) Date Seen: August 14 2026
let's get one thing straight; Tipa was a public menace that needed to be taken down a peg or two.




No comments:

Post a Comment