Sunday, August 9, 2026

Viewing Journal: 8/9/2026



325) ONE NIGHT ONLY
(2026 dir. Will Gluck) Date Seen: August 9 2026
trying really hard to be sexy and edgy and failing to be either.

"i don't want to look into somebody's 
eyes during the banging"
"I just want to - to Bang!" 










324) WARLOCK
(1989 dir. Steve Miner) Date Seen: August 9 2026
Surprisingly audacious movie considering its budget. & made all the better by the sheer luck of landing those 3 enormously charismatic leads: Julian Sands, Lori Singer (coulda swore she was Daryl Hannah), and especially Richard E. Grant; who even approaches genre pulp with the conviction of a man doing Henry V. I do feel like I need to say that this film is saddled with that dated & dogmatic equation of anything being vaguely witchy = Satanism. but whatever, that trend is almost an entire subgenre within western media. + there’s this subplot involving an aging curse Lori Singer's character gets that I think was supposed to worrying but it's so damn funny.. So there’s a buncha
tonal miscalculations throughout. Still, WARLOCK’s got enough energy and genuine risk-taking in it, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't immensely entertaining.







323) WARLOCK II: 
     THE ARMAGEDDON
(1993 dir. Anthony Hickox) Date Seen: August 9 2026
Hickox (director of WAXWORK) always does cool photographic stuff & showcases neat analogue vfx, so i'm sad to say I found this one dramatically static.


No comments:

Post a Comment