Thursday, August 20, 2026

Viewing Journal: 8/20/2026



339) SUPER TROOPERS 3
(2026 dir. Jay Chandrasekhar) Date Seen: August 20 2026
Was hoping one of these POLICE ACADEMY movies would eventually climax with a Waco like standoff between these chuds & an armed sovereign citizen type group.. an all-out 
"War of the Imbeciles" bloodbath. That's the lowbrow EDDINGTON alternative the country deserves.








338) MANHUNTER
(1986 dir. Michael Mann) Date Seen: August 20 2026
"The Final Cut"
4K and 40th Anniversary
Just to be clear, Mann's 1986 cut of MANHUNTER is a flawless 5 out of 5 star masterpiece in my eyes --it's specifically this new cut i'm giving 4 point 5 to.. I do love the overall better sound mix, new dialogue, & especially love the longer moments with Hannibal, but I am not a fan of the modernized colorist changes to almost every other frame. They're fascinating to look at but aesthetically unnecessary imo.. I hope the eventual blurays also have a 4K of the theatrical cut included & not just this version.. And who drops their neon credits?! Come on!


No comments:

Post a Comment