Monday, December 6, 2021

Viewing Journal: 12/6/2021




667) SHIVA BABY
(2021 dir. Emma Seligman) Date Seen: December 6 2021

I liked the short film this is based on a lot more.














666) SPARE PARTS
(2021 dir. Andrew Thomas Hunt) Date Seen: December 6 2021

#666theMarkOfTheBeast
\m/












665) KARNAN
(2021 dir. Mari Selvaraj) Date Seen: December 6 2021

Fuck the police, India-style.













664) WHAT DO WE SEE 
      WHEN WE LOOK AT THE SKY?
   რას ვხედავთ როდესაც ცას ვუყურებთ?
(2021 dir. Alexandre Koberidzej) Date Seen: December 6 2021

Every so often I see a film like 
AU HASARD BALTHAZAR or this Georgian masterwork that while I'm in the middle of watching it, I feel like it's completely re-wiring the way my brain thinks about films. More specifically, how I thought motion pictures were supposed to tell stories.. I wish I knew how to better describe this feeling in words. This film was more than a little brilliant & I need to seek out more of Alexandre Koberidzej's prior work asap.



No comments:

Post a Comment