Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Viewing Journal: 7/14/2026



292) SENTIMENTAL
[THE PEOPLE UPSTAIRS]
(2020 dir. Cesc Gay) Date Seen: July 14 2026
Pretty funny stuff. & These four are so dynamic together, I personally wish the film was an extra 30 minutes longer just to spend a little more time with them. I do wish the direction was able to break the material out of its theatrical origins. The apartment still feels more like a set to perform on < than a space to shoot.

dream crossover event:
THE PEOPLE UPSTAIRS vs
THE PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS
& yes, the director's actual last name is "Gay" lol..









291) THE FURIOUS
(2026 dir. Kenji Tanigaki) 2nd Viewing: July 14 2026
After the John Wick / Rama-type heroes of these specific types of action movies survive hours of merciless beatings, I'm always surprised they don't just collapse & cry out "morphine" at the end.. Even wild chimps don't have pain thresholds this high.



No comments:

Post a Comment