Saturday, July 25, 2026

Viewing Journal: 7/25/2026

temporary pit stop at a specialized care facility for a quick sec, but they at least thankfully allow ipad use. so I can VOD @ witching hour.




305) WITCHBOARD
(2025 dir. Chuck Russell) Date Seen: July 25 2026
R.I.P. to the great Chuck Russell
Ended up liking this just as much as the original, even if for completely different reasons. The acting and writing are stronger here
and i appreciated that Chuck Russell & the original screenwriter tried to do so much more than the standard "evil Ouija board kills people" thing. But that original film had better practical kills, way more visual personality (steadicam galore), and somehow nicer lighting despite costing like 4 pesos compared to this. I wish i was kidding but almost all the interior shots in this new one were lit like a ugly-arse Hallmark channel movie.. I need to be on record saying that I dig Jamie Campbell Bower (Stranger Things' "Vecna") continuing his slow transformation into our generation's Jeremy Irons + Madison Iseman is always magnetic.. She and a witchy Maine Coon kitten are always worth the price of a movie rental.


No comments:

Post a Comment