Monday, July 13, 2026

Viewing Journal: 7/13/2026



290) 
THE OUTER THREAT
(2026 dir. William Woods) Date Seen: July 13 2026
like a pretty solid Black Mirror episode, only maybe a bit more cinematic. I wonder if the producers knew Spielberg's DISCLOSURE DAY was set to release only a month ahead of this.







289) CABIN BOY
(1994 dir. Adam Resnick) Date Seen: July 13 2026
Chris Elliott is remarkably funny in this despite how shrill his pampered title character is written + his supporting cast are all pretty great too.. but the minute Tim Burton walked as director, they probably should've pulled the plug on this -- because that's exactly the type of bravura absurdist mind that's missing from the way the picture was translated to screen. I actually feel bad for Resnick, that all of that responsibility suddenly fell onto his shoulders. And considering what the film is, I think he honestly did the best job he could've. I was expecting a nauseating tonal mess on a par with Aykroyd's NOTHING BUT TROUBLE (1991).



No comments:

Post a Comment